Learn the Essentials of Microsoft Word 2010
Course Code: VTLOKMWBX
Duration: 2 Days (14 Hours)
This 2-day hands-on foundation building course is designed to equip new and inexperienced users with the key features in Microsoft Word 2010 that you would require for most day-to-day work. From the basic of creating a simple letter to a comprehensive document professionally formatted with indentations, page numbers, page headers, page footers and headlines.
This course will teach you the how to layout your contents as well as use graphics in your document that are well aligned with text and column displays for a more professional feel. Learn how to search and navigate through your document easily with Word 2010.
Designed with sufficient hands-on exercises to allow you to practice key lessons taught to help you create documents that are correctly applied and to impress the reader.
This course is for
Learners with zero to little knowledge of using Microsoft Word 2013.
Public Sector – Division 1, 2, 3 & 4
Private Sector – Applicable to All
- Explore and Start Microsoft Word 2010
- How to Set the Page Settings
- How to Work with Templates
- How to Add and Edit Quick Parts
- How to Work with Text and Paragraphs
- How to Format Text
- How to Apply Text Effects
- How to Add Bullet and Numbered Points
- How to Proofread a Document
- How to Set Tab Spacing
- How to Use Styles
- How to Handling Document Background and Theme
- How to Use Page Breaks and Section Breaks
- How to Apply Watermarks
- How to Apply Headers and Footers
- How to Use Columns
- How to Use and Handle Tables
- How to Use WordArt
- How to Include and Edit Click Art and Photographs
- How to Include Symbols and Equations
- How to Preview and Print a Document
Questions to Ask Yourself
I’m very experienced in using an earlier version of Microsoft Word; can I skip this course and join the Word 2010 Advanced course?
Yes, you can but ONLY IF you are very familiar with the Word 2010 or 2007 user interface.
For Your DelightRefreshments are provided for morning and afternoon tea breaks.
A Certificate of Attendance will be given subject to 90% attendance.
We can tailor this course to suit your needs in terms of course dates, times and location. If you are an organisation, we can further customise the course to meet your training needs and requirements.