Learn Excellent Foundation With the Essentials of Microsoft Excel 2013
Course Code: VTLOKEBX3
Duration: 2 Days (14 Hours)
Whether you’re a novice or an expert wanting to refresh your skillset with Microsoft Excel, this 2-days hands-on basic to intermediate course covers all the basics you need to start entering your data and building organized workbooks. This course teaches you how to create a proper database, enter and organize data, work with multiple worksheets, format the appearance of your data, data referencing, creating formula and basic Excel functions to perform calculations, and applying different types of security. You’ll also learn the power of Flash Fill feature inplemented only in Excel 2013.
You will learn the usefulness of Excel in applying and deriving mathematical results quickly and easily in many day-to-day calculations for reports to enable you to be more productive at work.
A hands-on based course coupled with exercises to allow you to practice on lessons taught to enforce understanding on Microsoft Excel and experience Excel’s automatic updates capabilities replacing the need for manual calculations and the calculator.
This Course is Suitable For
Learners with zero to little knowledge of using Microsoft Excel 2013.
Public Sector – Division 1, 2 & 3
Private Sector – Applicable to All
- Introduction to Excel 2013
- Excel 2013 Interface
- Understanding the different types of data
- Manipulating worksheet
- Learn different ways of viewing large amount of data
- Auto filling data in worksheet including Flash Fill, a new feature in Excel 2013
- Different types of data formatting
- How to apply formatting on data based on condition
- Different types of calculation operator
- Create formula to automate works and solve problems
- Create Excel basic functions
- Create different types of hyperlink
- Learn how to prepare the worksheet for printing
- Apply worksheets and workbook protection
Questions to Ask Yourself
I’m very experienced in using an earlier version of Microsoft Excel; can I skip this course and join the Excel 2013 Advanced course?
Yes, you can but ONLY IF you are very familiar with the Excel 2010 or 2007 user interface.
For Your DelightRefreshments are provided for morning and afternoon tea breaks.
A Certificate of Attendance will be given subject to 90% attendance.
We can tailor this course to suit your needs in terms of course dates, times and location. If you are an organisation, we can further customise the course to meet your training needs and requirements.