Learn the Essentials of Microsoft Excel 2010
Course Code: VTLOKMEBX
Duration: 2 Days (14 Hours)
This 2-day hands-on foundation building course is designed to equip new and inexperienced users with the needed features in Microsoft Excel 2010 required for most day-to-day work activities. This course covers the concepts of Excel structure, records and data, data referencing, formula construct and calculations and data protection. Everything you need to know to use Excel correctly and safely.
You will learn the usefulness of Excel in applying and deriving mathematical results quickly and easily in many day-to-day calculations for reports to enable you to be more productive at work.
A hands-on based course coupled with exercises to allow you to practice on lessons taught to enforce understanding on Microsoft Excel and experience Excel’s automatic updates capabilities replacing the need for manual calculations and the calculator.
This course is for
Learners with zero to little knowledge of using Microsoft Excel 2010.
Public Sector – Division 1, 2 & 3
Private Sector – Applicable to All
- Quick Start to Microsoft Excel 2010
- How to Customise the Quick Access Toolbar
- How to Handle the Ribbon
- How to Use a Workbook
- How to Use Worksheets
- How to Work with Cells and Cell Data
- How to Format Data and Content
- How to Work with Cell Styles
- How to Work with Conditional Formatting
- How to Work with Row and Column Formats
- How to Make Reference to Data in a Cell or a Range of Cells
- How to Locate a Cell Quickly
- How to Manage, Identify and Locate a Worksheet Easily
- How to Use the Different Views in Excel
- How to Work with Headers and Footers
- How to Preview and Print in Excel 2010
- How to Create and Manage Formulas for Day-to-Day Office Work
- How to Use Functions
- How to Work with Charts
- How to Work with Tables in Excel
- How to Use Comments
- How to Protect Data in Excel 2010
Questions to Ask Yourself
I’m very experienced in using an earlier version of Microsoft Excel; can I skip this course and join the Excel 2010 Advanced course?
Yes, you can but ONLY IF you are very familiar with the Excel 2010 or 2007 user interface.
For Your DelightRefreshments are provided for morning and afternoon tea breaks.
A Certificate of Attendance will be given subject to 90% attendance.
We can tailor this course to suit your needs in terms of course dates, times and location. If you are an organisation, we can further customise the course to meet your training needs and requirements.