Mastering Microsoft Excel 2010
Course Code: VTLOKMEAX
Duration: 2 Days (14 Hours)
A 2-day hands-on follow on course designed to equip users with features in Microsoft Excel 2010 that will enable you to perform better data analysis and create more complex and comprehensive reports to make better decisions.
Learn how to consolidate data and use Excel like a database to filter and retrieve data using Excel functions. You will also learn how to generate dynamic reports through data field selection and criteria quickly and easily.
Discover how to customise your ribbon (known as the Tool bar in versions 2003 and older) to suit your personal comfort to quickly access functions.
This hands-on course coupled with exercises to allow you to practice on lessons taught to enforce understanding on Microsoft Excel and experience Excel’s ability to greatly reduce your time in scenario planning and data analysing.
This course is for
Learners who have attended our Microsoft Excel 2010 Basic to Intermediate course or for users with good working knowledge and experience in using Microsoft Excel 2007 / Excel 2010.
Public Sector – Division 1, 2 & 3
Private Sector – Applicable to All
- How to Create and Apply Templates in Excel 2010
- How to Use Data Validation
- How to Use the IF Function (Single and Multiple Conditions)
- How to Perform Data Retrieval with Functions
- How to Use Excel as a Database
- How to Perform Data Retrieval with Basic and Advanced Filters
- How to Sort Data in Excel
- How to Obtain Subtotals from Your Data
- How to Consolidate Multiple Data Tables into a Single Summary Report
- How to Use Scenarios to Determine Different Projected Outcomes
- How to Use the Analysis ToolPak to Perform Complex Statistical Analyses
- How to Use the Auditing Feature in Excel
- How to Use Goal Seek for Forecasting Results
- How to Customise the Ribbon
- How to Create and Manage Macros in Excel
- How to Use a Pivot Table
- How to Use Slicers to Filter PivotTable Data
Questions to Ask Yourself
I’m very experienced in using an earlier version of Microsoft Excel; can I sign up for this course without attending the Basic to Intermediate course?
Yes, you can but ONLY IF you are very familiar with the Excel 2010 or 2007 user interface.
For Your DelightRefreshments are provided for morning and afternoon tea breaks.
A Certificate of Attendance will be given subject to 90% attendance.
We can tailor this course to suit your needs in terms of course dates, times and location. If you are an organisation, we can further customise the course to meet your training needs and requirements.