Learn How to Create Print-ready Editorial Layouts
Course Code: VTLOKIDC8
Duration: 2 Days (14 Hours)
Learn how to create, design and output your own documents from scratch with InDesign CC 2018, the leading desktop publication and page-making application. In this 2 day task oriented course you will learn how to create print or digital collaterals such as brochures, magazines and interactive eBooks. InDesign CC 2018 offers better control over commonly used features and workflows that makes creating comprehensive layouts even easier.
Through project based lessons you will experience real-world processes in creating documents. You will be exposed to (in short):
- formatting text and body copy
- designing display headlines
- setting up a document
- working with process and non-process colours
- placing graphics from Adobe Illustrator and Adobe Photoshop
- working with tabs and tables
- preparing an InDesign layout for output
By the end of this enjoyable course, you should be able to create professional-looking layouts that incorporate illustrations and bitmap graphics as well as sophisticated presentations of typography with InDesign CC 2018.
This course is for
Learners with zero to little knowledge of using Adobe InDesign CC 2018.
Ideal for users who wants to learn produce print or digital collaterals.
Also suitable for Division 1, 2 & 3 officers from the government sector.
- Creating InDesign Document
- Managing Master and Pages
- Creating Pagination system
- Margin and Guides for Layout
- Using New Object Styles to set/modify an object’s size or position once to update it across entire document.
- Understanding Spot and Process colour
- Using Colour Theme tool to extract colour themes and save for future project (NEW)
- Understanding the concept of Text Frame and Auto Text-flow
- Creating Paragraph border
- Character/Paragraph Style for Maintenance
- Placing Graphics and Image from Adobe Illustrator and Photoshop
- Using Place Gun add graphics directly into tables (NEW)
- Creating and Managing Tabs and Table
- Preflight and File Packaging ready for Printing
- Create and Manage Hyperlink for Digital Publishing
- Exporting Interactive PDF
- Publishing Online
For Macbook Users
Do you conduct this course on Mac Platform?
No, we don’t, BUT you can bring your own MacBook and use it in class. However, you need to have the correct version of the software already installed on your MacBook before coming for the course.
If I do not have the software or the correct version of the software installed, will you install it for me?
No, you’ll have to do the installation yourself.
If I use my own MacBook, will I be able to follow when the lesson is conducted in Windows platform?
Yes, you will be able to. When it comes to the Adobe application, they are pretty much the same regardless of which platform it is installed onto. Our Trainer will be able to guide you and highlight any differences in the Command keys.
For Your DelightRefreshments are provided for morning and afternoon tea breaks.
A Certificate of Attendance will be given subject to 90% attendance.
We can tailor this course to suit your needs in terms of course dates, times and location. If you are an organisation, we can further customise the course to meet your training needs and requirements.